Saturday, December 7, 2019

Big Bully

Image result for big bully movieBig Bully
Warner Bros.
January 26, 1996
Comedy
DVD
C+

Well, this is better than you might expect-- it was a box office bomb and earned Tom Arnold a Razzie Award for Worst Actor*-- which is not to say it's good, but I found it mildly entertaining.  There are a bunch of plot holes (like why does a tiny little town have such a huge middle school?), and certainly Carol Kane could've been used more effectively.  (Don Knotts's age of 71 is used to good effect though.)  But the movie held my interest throughout and I did want to see what would happen next, despite the odd twists and turns.  And that's more than I can say about most of the movies on this blog.

Steve Miner directed.


*I may be wrong, but I think that Tom Arnold is the first performer to appear in four movies on this blog, not counting people who have a collection devoted to them, like Alec Guinness.

No comments:

Post a Comment