Sunday, February 9, 2020

Candleshoe

Image result for candleshoeCandleshoe
Walt Disney
December 16, 1977
Dramedy
DVD
C-

Although this came out the same year as Foster's Freaky Friday, and I suppose I've seen it once or twice, it definitely doesn't hold the same place in my heart as FF (reviewed here https://reviewingeverymovieiown.blogspot.com/2014/07/freaky-friday.html).  Watching it today, I can see why.  Jodie here plays a self-described delinquent who is essentially kidnapped, without initial explanation, and then cheerfully agrees to a swindle, as long as she gets her cut.  I tuned out soon after she found out about an old pirate's will, so, yes, well before David Niven and Helen Hayes show up.

Like Freaky, this is based on a book, in this case written by Michael Innes.  Norman Tokar directed.

No comments:

Post a Comment