Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Back to the Future Part II

Image result for back to the future part iiBack to the Future Part II
Universal
November 22, 1989
Sci-Fi, Comedy
DVD
C-

Robert Zemeckis directed and co-wrote this middle movie of the trilogy, as he did with Parts I and III.  The weird thing is, I pretty clearly remember seeing the first movie in the theater and a few times after, but it feels like I've just seen the second and third movies in pieces on cable, over three decades.  I watched the first quarter hour now and just wasn't drawn in.  The first movie was a little hokey even at the time, but there was something fresh and sweet about it.  This just felt, well, mechanical.  I can see why I could never watch more than a scene or two at a time before.  (And it's entirely possible that I have sat through the whole thing and have blocked it out, as I did for Ferris Bueller years ago, until I watched it all the way through the second time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment