Sunday, October 13, 2019

Bambi

Image result for Bambi
Bambi
Disney
August 21, 1942
Children's, Fantasy
DVD
C+

I think as a child this was never a favorite of mine, and it has nothing to do with Bambi's mother being killed.  There's too much macho posturing and yet too slow a pace much of the time.  This time around, Thumper was still my favorite character, and I could've watched sequences of him and his siblings for much longer, although admittedly that wouldn't be that eventful either (but cute as heck).  Bambi's mother's death, and the fire sequence, didn't really have much of an emotional impact.  I still like Old Owl's "twitter-pated" lecture (yes, back before Twitter was capitalized and changed history) and the lighter, brighter moments.  Not a classic, and I don't imagine most modern children warming up to it more than I did, and yet worth revisiting. 

Note that I'm using the "fantasy" tag for the talking animals.  I've tagged all the directors listed at IMDB.

No comments:

Post a Comment