Sunday, October 20, 2019

Baseketball

Image result for baseketballBaseketball
Universal
July 31, 1998
Sports Comedy
DVD
C

I saw this shortly after it came out on video and enjoyed it, but this time I only made it halfway through.  (Yes, still better than most movies from my library do.)  I liked the pop culture references (including to Chelsea Clinton), some of the silliness, and the concept of the game and of the movie, but, as with South Park, not all of the tasteless humor is funny enough to overcome its tastelessness.  And, yes, Ernest Borgnine (81 playing 85) is more interesting here, at one point singing "I'm Too Sexy" on his living will, than he was in Barn Red a few years later.  Anyway, if I recall, Orgazmo was better.

David Zucker directed and co-wrote.

No comments:

Post a Comment