Sunday, January 19, 2020

Breakfast Club

Image result for breakfast club
Breakfast Club
Universal
February 15, 1985
Dramedy
DVD
C-

This movie was made for my generation (my senior yearbook the following year dedicated a page to it), but I've never been a John Hughes fan and was at the time more into the Gidget TV show.  (I did watch and enjoy Footloose in the theater, which I'll talk about when and if I end up reviewing it, so I wasn't completely avoiding '80s teen movies in my '80s adolescence.)  I did see it about a decade later but couldn't have told you much about it.  (I had to see Ferris Bueller's Day Off two or three times as an adult before I actually knew that I'd seen it, rather than just heard about it.)  This time through, I thought I might stick with BC, since I liked the set-up, but then the kids started interacting and there was only so much of Judd Nelson I could take.

No comments:

Post a Comment