Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Bolt

Image result for bolt movieBolt
Walt Disney
November 21, 2008
Action, Fantasy, Children's
DVD
C

I saw this at the time but didn't remember much about it today, so I actually felt let down that the surprisingly good action sequences led to some sort of canine rip-off of The Truman Show (and I liked The Truman Show).  At least in TTS there's a whole set-up for how they've fooled Truman, while here I kept thinking, Wait, so the show has been on the air for five years and they've been fooling a talking dog since he was a puppy?  I gave it twenty minutes total (rather than my usual fifteen) to see if it could bounce back, but the addition of stereotypical Hollywood types didn't help.

Chris Williams co-wrote, with Dan Fogelman, and co-directed, with Byron Howard (who'd do much better with animals in Tangled and of course Zootopia).

No comments:

Post a Comment