Sunday, September 1, 2019

All Nighter

Image result for all nighter simmonsAll Nighter
Good Deed Entertainment
March 24, 2017
Comedy
DVD
C+

I feel like a really good movie could've been made with a better script and/or direction, since the basic concept is fine and I like the pairing of opposites with J.K. Simmons and Emile Hirsch.  Unfortunately, too much of the movie is about them running into people who are drunk/stoned and/or hostile, including the missing woman's friends played by Kristen Schaal (who I dislike in everything except Going the Distance) and Taran Killam, he unfortunately showing up repeatedly as the very unfunny character Gary.  Still, I watched to the end and I even liked the banjo version of "Night Moves," and I generally don't like Bob Seger.

Gavin Wiesen directed.

No comments:

Post a Comment