Sunday, September 15, 2019

Annie Get Your Gun

Image result for annie get your gun movieAnnie Get Your Gun
MGM
May 17, 1950
Musical, Historical Comedy, Romance
DVD
C-

I was mildly shocked by how much I didn't like-- not hated, just didn't like-- the first quarter hour of this movie, from the badly sung opening number to Annie's slackjaw insta-love for Frank.  I enjoyed the production my high school did (or maybe it was a rival high school, my memory is a little fuzzy after 35 years), and of course there are some classic songs.  I'm going to put the blame on director George Sidney, since performances are off and shots are poorly set up.  I almost went with a D+, but I like the costumes, and the source material is hard to totally screw up.  Still, this is not a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment