Saturday, September 14, 2019

Angels Crest

Image result for angels crest
Angels Crest
Entertainment One
December 30, 2011
Drama
DVD
B

This is based on the Leslie Schwartz novel, which I suspect doesn't leave so many supporting characters' threads hanging.  Still, I was moved by this story of a young father (played by Dekker) whose carelessness leads to his toddler son's death, and I like the way the setting matters.  The town of Angels Crest (no apostrophe) is small enough that everyone knows everyone and is impacted by this tragedy, while dealing with their own family troubles.  And the snowy mountains are lovely but deadly.  Note that this is probably the time that Jeremy Piven irritated me least (his appearances on Ellen are ranted about on another of my blogs), perhaps because his character of the prosecuting attorney is definitely not meant to be sympathetic.

Gaby Dellal directed.

No comments:

Post a Comment