Sunday, August 11, 2019

(500) Days of Summer

Image result for (500) days of summer(500) Days of Summer
Fox Searchlight
August 7, 2009
Romantic Comedy
DVD
C

At one point in the first quarter-hour, the female love interest (named Summer, hence the title) tells the protagonist that he's "perfectly adequate" at his job at their mutual workplace.  And I guess I'd say the same of this movie.  It's far from the worst romcom I've ever seen (Serendipity still stands out in my mind after almost 18 years), but I didn't really care about the main couple or his friends.  The story is told out of order, a gimmick that neither intrigued nor annoyed me.  Still, it was nice to see Moretz as the kid sister, since I liked her in the first Wimpy Kid movie.

Marc Webb directed.  Note that this is fifteen years after Gordon-Levitt played a kid in Road Killers, and he would not have been my prediction for the first repeat performer on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment