Sunday, August 4, 2019

Road Killers

Image result for Road Killers movieRoad Killers
Miramax
May 7, 1994*
Action
DVD
D

This is from the collection 20 Film Action Pack, so, one, we're going to go out of alphabetical order even more so, and two, I'm going to have to sit through a lot of my least favorite genre.  (I calculate five hours, unless one of these suckers actually makes it through more than my pity quarter-hour.)  This one has a very slow start, with people bickering in a car, while a father and son (13-year-old Joseph Gordon-Levitt, before 10 Things I Hate About You and 3rd Rock from the Sun but around the time he had a recurring role on Roseanne) in another car get along, and then the boy almost gets run over by a speeding car, and then the boy's teenage cousin (I think) flirts in a restroom with what turns out to be the callous driver, so her uncle (I think) throws water in the guy's face.  And I guess the rest of the movie has various acts of vengeance.

Josh Brolin plays I think the father of the girl.  Tedi Sarafian wrote the screenplay and his brother Deran Sarafian directed.


*Normally, I'll put the release date for the home country of production, but it looks like this was mostly straight-to-video, not coming out in America until almost a year after it debuted in South Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment